Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Guten Naben!

Yes, I have started my German classes. So far, so good. But let me tell you, it is HARD to teach an old dog new tricks! Plus, I had forgotten how hard it is to be in class! (laugh) We have about 14 students from all over the world: Brazil, Australia, Ecuador, Philippines, Hong Kong, Korea, Italy, Iran, Spain, Nigeria! And probably more than that; I can't remember right now. I am, though, the only American. (Ich komme aus den USA.) The funny thing is that you have some people in class who think they are the teacher (whose name, by the way, is Angelika)! They feel the need to correct you all the time, while others shout out the answer to a question before the teacher even asks! It drives me NUTS! (laugh) But I can't wait until we go on an outing (suggested by the Spaniard) to an Irish bar (where the Australian works) next week. I will have a chance to really see my classmates in a whole new light!

Until tomorrow, Auf Weidersehen!

Alison
10:39 p.m. Wednesday, 3 February

No comments:

Post a Comment