Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Week, Another Dollar

In the last week I've met some fantastic people -- even a group of black American basketball players, one of whom is soooo country! I LOVE IT!

I spent the morning at the Russian Embassy trying to arrange for a Visa to Russia (I wasn't sure, to be honest, that they'd even consider it considering I'm an American!). I leave next Tuesday on a week-long mission to talk to journalists in that country about their work. It'll be my first mission with the International Center for Journalists, so I'm excited. After that, I head to Turkey to participate in a discussion about press freedom! It's a darn good thing I got those extra passport pages before I left the States!

Remind me to send photos of our dinner this past weekend at our new friend Salem's house. Of Mexican-American heritage, she made mole (with the accent on the 'e'), black beans and rice. It was delicious! Nicholai is promising to have her and her kids over next for fried fish, peas and rice and plaintains. Even I can't wait for that!

Alison
9:24 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment